Basement Finishing with Comerio Corporation
New homeowners often underestimate the value of a finished basement. A finished basement is one of the best ways to add valuable and functional square footage to your home. The basement is often a clean slate; we can transform it into anything your heart desires.
Our Basement Finishing Process
The process of finishing the basement takes time. We do not take any shortcuts to speed up the process, because we understand that this is your home.
Our basic basement finishing process progresses as follows:
- Create the Design: We will work with you to create a finished basement design that works to fit your family’s individual needs.
- Inspect for Moisture: We will inspect the entire basement to ensure that there are no moisture problems.
- Frame the Walls: We will construct the framing for the walls and ceilings based on the design you help us create.
- Install all Plumbing, Electrical, & HVAC: A functional basement will have the same amenities that you enjoy upstairs. We will prepare the electrical and run wiring for outlets, lighting, and any specialty areas like a home theater.
- Insulate and Hang Drywall: Drywall installation is one of the more exciting parts for our customers because this is when you can see the rooms start to take shape.
- Tape, Mud, and Sand: The really messy part comes into play during the drywall installation; this is when we tape and mud the joints and sand them once they’re dry. We will keep this part as clean as possible by hanging plastic to protect other areas of your home as much as possible.
- Install Trim and Doors: We install all interior doors and door trim.
- Finish the Walls: We paint the walls and ceiling whatever colors you have chosen.
- Finish the Flooring:
We will help you choose colors, tile, flooring, fixtures, and other important elements if needed. We understand that you have a vision in mind and that you may need our help throughout the planning and material selection phases.
This was simply a quick overview of our basement finishing process. Basements with multiple rooms and designated areas will, of course, require more time and attention to detail. Your individual basement finishing project will be absolutely unique and tailored to suit your needs and fit your lifestyle.
Our Promise to You
Comerio Corporation has received the highest honor from the home builder’s association as a Grand Award Winning Builder. We offer our customers a unique experience that begins with a clean slate and ends with excellent customer service and a one-year warranty on remodeling projects. We have worked with many homeowners in Kansas City and the surrounding areas. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you to create a finished basement that will serve your family’s needs for years to come.
Thank you for stopping by our website! Take a look at our gallery of new home projects and remodeling projects before you click on over to our contact page. Call us at 913-341-1005 to schedule an appointment with a consultant and let’s get started with your basement finishing project.